Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. We are in the process of building a world-class team in the self-driving space. Our aim is to ship a product in the near future by taking a more focused approach to self-driving and pairing it with a very specific business case. We have a strong core team coming from the leading companies in the space and already have funding to continue growing the team.
We are looking for an IT Manager to provide management of all aspects of our operations including monitoring, resolution, administration, and engineering of a production environment. The candidate will help us ensure the health, uptime, and performance of our services, which rely on a hybrid infrastructure of Linux and cloud storage and compute. This role will also help provide support to employees with Linux/macOS desktop issues.
The candidate will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading computer-related activities in an organization. Candidates will work to design and implement systems to support Kodiak's business needs. This individual must be comfortable in a cross-functional team environment and be willing to manage multiple tasks. The candidate will be providing IT visibility to executive management and peers.
What you'll be doing:
* Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
* Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
* Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
* Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
* Build and maintain vendor relationships
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations.
* Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
* Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
* Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
* Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
* 1-3 years experience managing employees.
* Experience with managing cloud services.
* Understanding of containerized services and orchestration tools.
* Understanding of configuration management tools.
What we offer:
* A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
* A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
* Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak's success.
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
* Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
* A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.