Our client is dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
They are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
They also provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Protecting and improving cyber resources to overcome challenges and threats. System failure, data theft, inappropriate use, unauthorised access, cyber-attacks. The world's data and the systems that hold it face challenges every day, so security is paramount. We help our customers protect the independence and integrity of their critical infrastructure, improve the interoperability of their systems and help them test, evaluate, experiment, exercise and train their employees in defending their critical business systems to reduce and overcome threats before they happen.
Purpose of the role:
As part of the Operations Engineering team, Virtualisation Engineers monitor, manage and develop the company's IT solutions throughout the client's IT Estate to ensure customer satisfaction in all services provided.
As an Virtualisation Engineer, assess and administer changes to all Group IT managed systems to ensure the continual improvement of operating effectiveness and efficiency in line with the change process and IT Strategy.
The Operations Engineering team are responsible for virtual and physical servers both Microsoft and Linux based and the hosting infrastructure supporting the virtual server environment. In addition they deliver against continual service improvement requirements and digital transformation.
Experience in the majority of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential:
* Eligible for or hold SC clearance
* Extensive knowledge of VMWare ESX/vSphere administration.
* Extensive knowledge of Enterprise level storage solutions
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019 (Windows 10 advantageous)
* Experience in VMware NSX / software defined firewalls
* Experience in VMWare vSAN, administration and configuration
* Experiencing of administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and other domain service functions
* Experience in enterprise level backup technologies
* Experience in administering Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013
* A clear understanding of IT Security Standards in an enterprise environment
* VCP certification or equivalent experience.
* MCSE, MCP, MCSA or equivalent experience
* RHCE or equivalent.
* Strong system analysis experience required
* Experience in a service delivery, best practice environment preferred
* ITIL v3.0 (or above) Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation.
* Knowledge of ISO 27001
Why join them?
As they continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success for our client is the appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners.
Joining our client's team offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
In return we're offering excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy