We have an exciting opportunity at Pavers for a Full Time Permanent IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our Head Office IT team in Upper Poppleton, York. Our head office benefits from free onsite parking as a perk! A small amount of home working may be considered for the right candidate if required, but it is preference that the role is office based.
Pavers is a growing, family run footwear retailer with comfort and happiness at the heart of our business. We look for positive, friendly, passionate individuals who are team players that are willing to learn and go the extra mile to become part of our team. Although primarily based at Head Office, the role will occasionally require travel to stores across the UK and Ireland. From time-to-time responsibilities will include evening and weekend work.
As our IT Infrastructure Engineer you will manage the availability and integrity of the company's IT Infrastructure throughout the retail estate. This is a hands-on technical position, with focus on provisioning, installing, configuring, and supporting core infrastructure to a high state of resilience and readiness. The role will suit an individual who loves to solve problems and find solutions with a keen eye for detail.
The role includes contributing to and supporting the Infrastructure Manager, Development Manager, Compliance and Support teams in the design and evolution of systems to support strategic objectives and business functions in a growing retail organisation, embracing the latest technologies.
Role Responsibilities of our IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Day to day maintenance, repair and support of core infrastructure including over 45 virtualised Servers, SAN Storage, Exchange, Operating Systems, Security, Firewalls, Networks, Telecoms and Communications.
- Act as the first point of contact for troubleshooting, IT service/suppliers and supporting Head Office and Cloud infrastructure in addition to providing secondary support for EPOS, Back Office, Tablets and associated store infrastructure.
- Supply, commission and configure Hardware & Software as directed by the Head of IT. Document and maintain settings and configurations.
- Support internal compliance team with respect to PCI and GDPR compliance.
- Maintain IT Asset Management software license control.
- Ensure high availability, secure and integrity of systems and services through monitoring, auditing, intrusion detection and virus control.
- Manage onsite and cloud backup and recovery processes and support business continuity initiatives and policy.
- Maintain and monitor IT Room Racks, UPS and Environmental controls.
- Manage system performance, upgrades, configurations and resources.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Company and IT Policy and Procedures. Contribute to improving and determining standards.
- Potential to develop the role through training and practical experience.
Requirements to be our IT Infrastructure Engineer
Experience of using the following is essential:
- HP / Dell Server Hardware
- HP / Cisco Switches / Routers Hardware
- SAN/iSCSI Storage e.g. Nimble, Equallogic
- VMware, vSphere (HA)
- Networking, including Switching (VLAN, Layer 3 Routing)
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Android, iOS)
- VMware, vSphere (HA),
- Backup Strategies e.g. Veeam, AppAssure
- Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Terminal Services)
- Office 365
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in an IT discipline
- Related Microsoft/Cisco Certifications
- Four years plus system administration experience
- Full clean driving licence
Bonus & Benefits you will receive as our IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- Salary: circa £30,000 depending on experience
- Generous Staff Discount
- Holiday Entitlement (Increases with service)
- Company Contribution Pension
- Gym Discounts
- Access to RetailTRUST (Wellbeing Support)
- Access to RetailCURe (Financial Support)
- Discretionary Bonus
Pavers Shoes is one of the UK's leading shoe retailers. Established in 1971 we remain family owned and run, and also own and operate the Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes brands. Together we have over 170 stores in the UK and Ireland, and over 1,600 people in our ever-expanding family.
We are passionate about providing comfort and happiness to our customers, and we make sure to employ people who are as passionate about this as we are. We always seek happy, confident, upbeat people, and in return we provide great jobs in a supportive family environment. We know that without our colleagues there is no business, and that the more we look after you the better service you will provide to our customers, so we will always try and do the right thing by our people.
We strive for diversity of thinking across the business, and believe strongly in supporting our local communities. In 2018 we invested over £2.2m to establish the Pavers Foundation, with the specific purpose of providing grants for causes important to all our colleagues in the areas of health, education, and community. In terms of the environment we are constantly seeking to reduce our impact, and already have one of the largest solar arrays in the North-East of England on our warehouse generating clean energy.
If this sounds like the kind of business you'd like to know more about, we'd love to hear from you - please apply today to join us as an IT Infrastructure Engineer!..... click apply for full job details