Neos is a leading Austin-based IT Staffing and Consulting firm. Neos was recognized as a 2019 Best Places to Work in Austin by the Austin Business Journal, and recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in America two years in a row by Inc. Magazine.
Neos is currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer for a long-term contract with our client in Austin, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage infrastructure coordination and design capabilities for all phases from schematic design through construction documents.
- Review architectural, mechanical, and structural design and engineering plans and consult on space design, material selection, and multimedia systems.
- Develop network component configurations, interfacing with local vendors to ensure systems are installed and configured as per the client approved design.
- Oversee the design of the layout of floor plans, riser diagrams, schedules, specification notes and details with special emphasis on structured cabling.
- Participate in site surveys to develop client requirements
- Work within a team environment to ensure client standards are met and that all technology systems are incorporated into the overall system design
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors, clients and other interdepartmental personnel.
- Serve as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as a SME for IT infrastructure projects, including server deployments, network and telecommunication infrastructure implementations, equipment upgrades, software upgrades, performance analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation
- Must be able to work around projects, deadlines, and operational needs with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
- Must be able to work independently and lead the coordination with external technical consultants
- Must possess problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Infrastructure SME for facilities and construction projects
Thorough knowledge of telecommunications cabling and infrastructure design and implementation
Knowledge of audio-visual/multimedia and security systems
High-Level design capabilities in numerous technologies (LAN/WAN/SAN, InfoSec, Wireless)
Public sector experience (Federal, State, or Local Government)
- provided by Dice