Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located near Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services, and timely delivery. Edgewater is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 27001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Mission Computing Services (MCS) provides tailored IT services and support to Sandia mission organizations and customers. MCS also delivers system administration and IT support for classified desktop systems and all Linux/UNIX operation systems. MCS partners with other corporate IT providers in the delivery of its services and is engaged in technology development efforts for the Sandia Classified Network (SCN), UNIX/LINUX, and thin/virtual computing.
- Manage Windows and Linux Infrastructure
- Provide high level troubleshooting of hardware and software problems
- Work with License, monitoring, and application servers
- Work closely with CA customers and NM IT partners
- Make recommendations on hardware and software purchases and develop installation procedures
- Provide Unclassified Desktop, Windows, Mac, Linux support
- Provide Mission Desktop support
- Provide Multi-User Room support
- Provide Computer Builds and Deployment services
- Provide Hardware Repair services
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management.
- Ability to attain and maintain a US DOE Security Clearance
- Possess a minimum of seven years experience, providing a wide array of advanced technology support and design
- U.S. Citizenship
- BA/BS in lieu of degree, Six (6) yrs. related experience, or AA + three (3) yrs. related experience
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, as a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.