We are currently looking for a customer-focused and enthusiastic IT Infrastructure Engineer to work as part of the iFix Technical Team, with a genuine interest in solving peoples IT issues and empathetic to customer needs and requirements. The applicant should be technically competent, possess good written and verbal communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT Support teams.
The iFix Technical Team service delivery model consists of conference room & VIP support, Laptop Support and Hardware Assessment and Supplier Lead Services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times, ensuring the customer is kept updated throughout the life cycle of the call.
- Managed refurbishment of PC across all sites and all Network at AWE.
- Execute last minute requests for work in the highest profile locations.
- Manage a 180+ Conference rooms with the latest Audio Visual equipment installed to ensure patching and serviceability. Liaising with specialist suppliers to resolve faults and customers to design requirements.
- Hands on experience of day to day responsibilities for overall PC build. Including remote and manual software installation and OS software deployment. Applying firmware updates, software patches and updates to achieve optimum product functionality.
- Give general LAN advice and guidance to end users, and use logical thinking to resolve incidents.
- Learn, manage, support and take responsibility for new hardware systems as required and will be proactive in their approach and self-development to ensure delivery of the services.
- Carry out any other duty in relation to the delivery of the contract as required by the iFix Technical or Tower Lead.
Skills and Experience:
- Be willing to undergo or hold SC/DV clearance and be willing to work on a nuclear licensed site
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of EUWS support models and best practices
- Hardware break/fix support of HP and Lenovo desktops and laptops
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Packages
- Working knowledge of PC and peripheral hardware
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
Based on our client site in Aldermaston you can enjoy the amenities of an on-site restaurant and coffee shop as well as ample parking and good public transport links.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including a workplace pension scheme, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
By completing the application process you agree that ES Field Delivery UK LTD (FDS) may contact you in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with your application via the contact details you provided in relation to the vacancy you have applied for. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed at click apply for full job details