We're pleased to announce that SThree is currently looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer, to be based in Glasgow, although working remotely for the foreseeable future. In this role, you'll focus on the delivery of Infrastructure projects and 3rd line support, specifically in the area of virtualisation and cloud. This is a fixed-term contract opportunity, initially for a period of 12 months, with a possibility to become permanent.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. We are a purpose driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future. Priding ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career. Perhaps this is why 93% of our people would recommend SThree as a place to work.
What will you be doing?
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will be taking responsibility for all infrastructure services, both on-prem and cloud, ensuring availability, scalability, and resilience. This includes performance analysis and preventative maintenance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive maintenance of SThree's infrastructure estate to ensure cyber security compliance through preventative maintenance/patch management, security by design principles and industry best practices.
- Support delivery of SThree's cloud services
- Provide 3rd Level project support to key IT strategic programs.
- Prompt analysis and resolution of escalated issues and problems encountered by customers. The role provides 3rd level Infrastructure support behind the Service and Operations teams
- Proactively own the teams service requests and incidents to ensure consistent achieving >90% of all SLA' targets.
- Proven ability to prioritize between projects, BAU and operational demand.
- Liaison with customers and 3rd party suppliers in respect of service and product provision
- Business-needs analysis in support of service and product improvement proposals. Keeping abreast of developments in relevant technologies and 3rd party services.
- The timely delivery of approved infrastructure projects, including preparation and deployment of service support tools and training materials for other IT teams.
What skills/experience should you have?
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years' industry experience in a similar role
- Experience of VMWare ESXi 6.0 and above - both design and operation.
- Experience of operating server infrastructure and deploying workloads with the following cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services, Azure
- Technical Environment including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2019
- Windows 10
- NetApp Ontap storage
- Microsoft Exchange
- Cisco IronPort ESA or similar mail security appliances.
- Cisco Networking
What can we offer you?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employee's hard work is valued and well rewarded.
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Extensive employee benefits system
We look forward to hearing from you.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.