We have established a new role of a IT Infrastructure & Cloud Manager CTO to lead the strategic delivery and support of enterprise IT infrastructure and identify opportunities for innovation or the adoption of new technology. This is a home-based remote working position, working on a full time, fixed term basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £55,000 (experience depending) per annum plus benefits.
Wey Education PLC is a leading online provider of primary, secondary and college education in the UK. With almost 3,000 students, Interhigh and Academy 21, make up the two entities of the AIM listed public company. We are an ambitious company with quality education and student engagement at the heart of everything we do.
The IT Infrastructure & Cloud Manager role:
We are looking for a highly successful and proven IT Infrastructure & Cloud Manager to deliver high priority security and infrastructure projects which will is the groundwork to help deliver Wey 2.0. The role will report directly to the CTO for direction and management.
Key duties of our IT Infrastructure & Cloud Manager:
- Extensive knowledge of data centre operations, telecommunications, cloud technologies, network engineering, data centre applications, client/server computing, and production operations support:- Specific technologies of note include but not limited to; Azure, AWS, Office 365, Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as virtual and hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, network architecture (LAN/WAN) database administration and outsourced systems.
- Significant experience in supplier management to enable the best performance from vendors in providing required services for quality, value, and performance.
- Credible knowledge of ITSM and tooling on best practice, process and structure, and continuous improvements
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections across IT.
- Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect the team toward new objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
What we are looking for in our ideal IT Infrastructure & Cloud Manager:
- Relevant technical and academic qualification an advantage e.g. relevant Microsoft MCP exams, Azure certification
- Experiencing of full lifecycle implementations of Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Server & Client
- Track record of managing and delivering cloud-based technology across (Microsoft Azure, Office 365 enterprise plans and services).
- In-depth infrastructure knowledge across, Networking, Storage, Firewalls, Active Directory, Windows)
- Experience in management of cloud (SAS) budgets, subscriptions, licenses
- Experience with enterprise system design, operations, configuration, and analysis
- Capacity management, high availability, recovery, monitoring and reporting
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Compliance and governance to include IT Security, ISOs, GDPR etc
- PowerShell, some T-SQL experience
In return as our IT Infrastructure & Cloud Manager we offer excellent benefits including:
- A Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Employee Discount Programme
- 25 days holiday
Please click 'apply' today to join Wey Education plc as our IT Infrastructure & Cloud Manager and be a key part of its growth as Wey changes the face of education worldwide - we would love to hear from you.
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practise across the school...... click apply for full job details