IT Infrastructure & Application Administrator
Full Time post
Salary Negotiable - up to £35k pa
Private healthcare after 12 months
32 days holiday incl
Location - Hybrid of working from home and Coleshill office (B37 7HG)
Interactive Software Limited design and deliver innovative software applications for Scientific Research and Education customers that transform their business processes and provide greater transparency and insight into their data. Guiding customers step-by-step through our proven implementation process, we work with them to achieve tangible benefits from the moment the software goes live.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure & Application Administrator to be part of our growing team.
Who is the team? We are a team of LIMS, Biobanking and CRM system providers and developers. We're excited business analysts, elusive software developers, organised project managers, pernickety testers and enlightening trainers. And we're ready to work with companies to create a LIMS, Biobanking or CRM solution that not only supports, but also enhances, their business processes, data quality, insights and compliance.
The role involves a combination of maintaining internal IT infrastructure and being part of a project team that delivers software solutions to healthcare and education organisations, therefore directly contributing to developing durable, credible relationships with our customers.
Maintaining the internal IT infrastructure to ensure the business and employees can continue to operate as usual with minimal interruptions and without any unplanned downtime time. Internal IT infrastructure includes physical and virtual servers, on-premise and cloud-based services, office-based and remote workers.
As a member of the project team, responsibilities will involve liaising with members from customer IT departments to ensure the necessary infrastructure is in-place for new implementations, remote deployment of software solutions onto customer IT infrastructure, provide project team members with technical advice and assistance when required, troubleshoot issues during initial project implementation and after go-live.
Min of 5 years' experience of maintaining enterprise IT infrastructure including servers, workstations, software, backups, patch management, monitoring and security controls.
3+ years' experience of working as part of a project team responsible for delivering software solutions into public and private sector organisations.
- Microsoft technologies - Windows Desktop and server, Active Directory, DNS, Hyper-V, Office365
- Networking technologies - TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, Firewall
- Web Server (IIS) administration - Security, web application deployment, SSL/TLS, high-availability
- SQL Server administration - Security, Installation, Maintenance, Backup/Restore, Performance Monitoring.
- Troubleshooting and solving application and infrastructure issues
- Automation and Scripting - PowerShell, automation tools.
- Dell Server and Workstation hardware.
- Documentation - Hardware and Software Inventory, system configuration, compliance.
- Microsoft Azure - Manage, deployment and monitoring of Azure PaaS and IaaS resources
- Azure DevOps
- Endpoint Security Protection - Symantec
- Web API usage (REST/SOAP/XML)
- Cyber Essentials certification
You will have a passion for technology, demonstrable customer service experience and a willingness to travel within the UK.
If you feel this role looks right for you and you want to join our team, it's time to get your application started. Please apply with an up to date CV and covering letter to our HR Consultant stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO THE BUSINESS AS YOUR APPLICATION MAY NOT GET FORWARDED ON.
Please do find out more about us at
Deadline for applications: 28th June 2021
NO AGENCIES PLEASE