Phoenix, ArizonaDepartment Name:
IT Network Infra-CorpWork Shift:
The successful candidate for this position will be a member of the Network Planning and Integration (NPI) team. NPI maintains the digital network communications within the Banner Enterprise. The NPI teams are responsible for the connectivity supporting the Data Center, Wireless and Local/Wide Area network technologies. This team oversees a vast array of technologies across multiple states to a large group of customers including hospitals, urgent cares, clinics, ambulance and corporate facilities. No two days are ever the same and Banner's commitment to technology ensures an ever-changing and challenging environment where you can learn and grow. You will enjoy the experience of being a part of a skilled team with long tenured, experienced team members who look out for each other to ensure we are providing our customers the best experience possible.
This position is an entry level engineering support position for the Cisco wireless infrastructure. An ideal candidate would possess a minimum CCNA level or equivalent Information Technology network support experience in troubleshooting and supporting Cisco wireless networks. This candidate would be responsible for troubleshooting and remediating wireless network issues, surveying the RF environment for issues and working in coordination with the senior wireless engineers to maintain and support the enterprise wireless network.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position demonstrates technical knowledge of infrastructure and communications processes and supports system defined objectives relative to the company's business and healthcare requirements. Interacts as part of a team and is able to plan, design, implement and support some company Information Technology infrastructure, networks, hardware and applications.
1. Provides technical support to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot technical systems that are associated with providing critical patient care.
2. Participates in scheduled projects that require interaction between various customer and department and hardware/software vendors. Provides input to project plans, work schedules and critical timelines.
3. Works effectively as a team member of the department or project groups. Demonstrates teamwork by participating and performing tasks as defined by the team.
4. Produces technical input for designs to complex processes for presentation to senior members of the team.
5. Interacts with the customer, from a variety of departments, to research and develop solutions to support issues resulting in a positive experience for the customer.
6. Provides technical information regarding current and future industry concepts, hardware, and software.
7. This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess an associate/vocational degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Requires communication, and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.