We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
This job designs, develops and implements large- and small-scale mobile projects; performs in-depth analysis to understand existing programs; supports existing systems through maintenance and problem resolution activities; and completes all documentation required for writing code. Assignments tend to be small to medium in scope but may require working as part of a team on larger projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company's discretion.
Required - Bachelor's degree in Computer science or related field
Required - 1 year experience in Apple iOS application development. Experience with SQL, XML, REST, JSON, and Web Services.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
* Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
* Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Working knowledge in writing efficient Objective-C, HTML, C++, or Java.
* Knowledge of application infrastructure design, object oriented principles, and general database design.
* Excellent project management skills necessary in order to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Excellent organization skills including the ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Skill in working as part of a team and taking direction from a variety of leaders
* Ability to plan and think logically and apply results to assigned tasks.
* Ability to travel to meeting sites both on campus and at remote sites.
* Ability to travel to out-of-town meetings, seminars, conferences, etc.
* Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, if/when necessary.
* Creates, maintains, and troubleshoots new and existing mobile applications according to gathered specifications and departmental code standards.
* Performs first-level testing of programs maintained or written.
* Documents code changes or code written to team standards.
* Keeps abreast of current and emerging technology in software as it applies to their work duties.
* Ensures team leaders are informed at all times of project progress and/or delays, completes any requested status reports.
* Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at (select option 1) or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement