Pentair is currently seeking a Product Support Technician to provide advanced technical support, troubleshooting and repair instructions for pool and spa automation via telephone and email. Pentair Pool iOT and connected products allow our customers to monitor, control, and maintain pool functions from various mobile devices. Candidates for this position must excel with electronics & automated controls, and the associated problem solving and reasoning necessary to diagnose and solve problems efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Basic IP (Internet Protocol) networking comprehension (i.e. modem/router, access points/mesh systems, 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz wireless networks)
* Ability to determine network pathways
* Intermediate computer skills
* Intermediate electrical knowledge (Breakers, Relays, Voltmeters)
* Basic understanding or ability to learn entry-level data models, attributes, and values associated with automated controllers.
* Testing/troubleshooting mobile apps (iOS, Android), web applications or cloud computing platforms.
* Provide quality telephone and email support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness
* Maintain current knowledge of all product offerings and technical support procedures in order to provide accurate solutions to customers
* Accurately document customer information and a detailed problem/issue description of all support calls/emails in a call tracking system
* Proactively maintain communications with callers throughout the analysis and resolution process
* Strong written and verbal skills are necessary for interacting with customers. Must be able to speak effectively with both non-technical end-users as well as pool professionals
* Must be comfortable with extensive on-the-phone consultations
* Demonstrate experience in problem resolution and technical problem identification
* Requires strong attention to detail, outstanding resourcefulness, flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
* Work independently to solve support issues. Escalate issues to second level support and management when necessary
* Contribute to the support knowledge base as familiarity with the product line is gained
* Resolves customer problems, disputes and complaints in an efficient, professional manner and according to company policy.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma required
* Testing/troubleshooting mobile apps (iOS, Android), web applications or cloud computing platforms are desired skills
* 1-3 years of Technical Support and Customer Service experience in a call center environment.
* Mechanical reasoning ability and demonstrated problem solving skills
* Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Pool Industry experience is a plus
* Builds and sustains relationships
* Stress tolerance
* Uses sound judgment
* Quickly and effectively resolves conflict
* Actively listens to others
* Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing
* Effectively negotiates when necessary
* Detail oriented
* Works efficiently
* Fact-based problem solving
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
* Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
* Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
* Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
* Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory