To shape the future of Munich Re Group the IoT team designs and executes the global IoT Strategy of Munich Re / HSB by developing insurance-related IoT technology and cutting-edge, IoT-based financial products. Within the IoT technology team, we are looking for an IoT Mobile Lead to drive the development of our mobile Applications with the help of both internal and external resources.
Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB), a member of Munich Re's Risk Solutions family since 2009, is a leading engineering and technical risk insurer providing equipment breakdown insurance products, other specialty coverages, related inspection services, engineering consulting and IoT solutions.
The IoT team is reporting to HSB in the management view, with an administrative home in Munich at Reinsurance Development (RID), responsible for driving strategy development and implementation (incl. organizational development), global innovation management, global data analytics and digital client services, as well as corporate client management and selected business development areas within our global (re)insurance segment.
- Coordination of a team of internal and external mobile developers and designers.
- Conception and development of the mobile apps as strategic component of the product.
- Active embedment of freelancers into the development process through their involvement in the bi-weekly planning and refinement session incl. the estimation of development of discussed features and similar measures.
- Enforcement of development norms, standards and processes incl. the preparation for external certification.
- Selective support of the product owner and the sales team in customer visits and active challenge of the developed concepts with the end-customer in close coordination with the product owner.
- University degree (PhD or Master) in Computer Science, Design or a related subject as well as demonstrated international experience in a digital environment (e.g. start-ups, digital agencies, digital departments of consulting companies).
- Deep understanding of the current trends and challenges in the field of mobile app development.
- Extensive practical experience and deep knowledge of the fields of customer-centric design, ideally in related industries, as well as demonstrated project leadership in multiple end-to-end product developments with market introduction (e.g. IoT / sensor solutions, IoT-related software solutions or apps with digital business models).
- Demonstrated experience in the management of geographically distributed teams.
- Ability to develop a holistic approach, to take fast and reliable decisions under time pressure and ability to determine the technical complexity of a desired solution.
- Ability to communicate complex technical arguments to internal and internal stake-holders in non-technical terms as well as very strong service-orientation, self-driven and self-organizing and a very good team-player.
- Fluent Business English. German is an advantage.
- Readiness to travel frequently as part of the operations are based in the US.
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.
* Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunities employer. Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritized, if equally qualified.