Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
BE PART OF A WORLD CLASS INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
This position is located at our premier Product Development & Research (PD&R) facility in Carrollton, TX. Since you will be working primarily on new product initiatives, there is a large opportunity for patents. Lennox International (LII) has rewarding practices for engineers who bring creativity and innovation to our products.
Click here to learn more about our PD&R facility.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.Job Description
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As an Lead IOT Cloud Engineer, you will have an opportunity to lead and collaborate with other engineers to design, plan, develop, and maintain software components for Internet of Things devices and Cloud. We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and talented engineer to design and develop software components for the Controls Engineering organization.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Lead the successful implementation and delivery of embedded software products and components throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Be responsible for project deliverables on time and with high quality
- Assure proper technical requirement definition with internal and external customers, marketing, manufacturing and other support groups.
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements.
- Identify and create new technologies and ideas to increase the organization's intellectual property and to better address customer needs.
- Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 8 years total experience required
- 3 years of professional experience in developing cloud(GCP, AWS, Azure) micro-services capable of connecting millions of devices
- 2 years of professional experience developing embedded software in C/C++
- Experienced in the architecture, design, device/cloud integration, and development of Internet of Things software\\
- Experience collaborating in multi-site software development teams and projects
- Design and debug experience for solutions involving hardware, embedded firmware, server back-ends at scale, mobile, and web
- Experience with device and cloud software development
- Experience with Internet of Things communication protocols such as https, web-sockets, MQTT with XML/JSON payloads, XMPP, COAP, and Thread
- Strong understanding of REST, micro-services architecture & best security practices
- Ability to develop unit test driven software components
- Familiar with Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change management, automated builds, and coding standards).
- Familiar with static and dynamic analysis software tools
- Experience developing in Waterfall and Iterative Software development processes.
- Familiar with Building and Home Automation Systems
- Familiar with HVAC control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functional teams (Systems Architecture, Hardware, Testing, Technical Support, Manufacturing, IT, Suppliers) in order to deliver sound technical solutions to our customers.
- Demonstrate ability to drive product and process improvements throughout the software organization.
- Ability to work with third parties and off-shore development teams as needed.
- Self driven, results oriented.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Outstanding 401(k) with company matching and 1-year bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Community involvement opportunities