Infosec believes knowledge is power when fighting cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with skills development and certifications while empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe at work and home. It's our mission to equip all organizations and individuals with the know-how and confidence to outsmart cybercrime.
At Infosec, you'll be surrounded and supported by a bright team - endlessly curious, eager to try new ideas and ready to roll up their sleeves together. Our inclusive values and open door philosophy are rooted in the belief that great ideas come from everyone. Your voice matters here! As a quickly growing and stable company, you'll find plenty of opportunities to start or build your career. We're all about inspiring, recognizing and rewarding employees to be successful.
Instructor - Information & Cyber Security (Location - Remote)
As an Instructor with Infosec, you'll have the opportunity to share your real life experience with the Information Security and Information Technology world. You'll be an influencer, motivator, and thought leader in the industry. We encourage our instructors to constantly expand their skillsets through our own certification courses (usually on the house!), helping you reach your professional and technical goals.
You have a commanding presence and are able to manage a classroom easily. You're not just interested in a job, you have a passion for your craft and understand that sharing knowledge is one of the most important things you can do. You also know that excellent communication skills are imperative in any position and you get a thrill from presenting to others. You've probably sat through a boring certification class and thought about all the ways you'd rather have learned the material. Take those ideas and implement them at Infosec; we understand that engagement is just as important as the material. Our team of instructors are friendly, determined people who love what they do and have fun doing it!
You'll be the face of Infosec and part of our growing team of full time instructors. Our instructors teach about thirty-five weeks out of the year, and spend time working from home, creating course material. You'll be delivering classes both online and in person as well as giving your expertise to aid our content creation team. Your mission is to educate our students with all your worldly knowledge and prepare them for the respective certification exam.
* Excellent teaching and facilitation skills, and a true inborn desire to aid others in learning
* Knowledge and experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting many common information technology systems, including Microsoft, Cisco and Linux technologies
* Knowledge and experience with information security best practices including: encryption, application security, penetration testing, and computer forensics
* Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
* Ability to teach effectively with students with diverse professional backgrounds
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
* Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
* Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula
* Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques
* 4+ years of technical Information Technology and Information Security experience (e.g Network Engineer, Security Engineer, etc.)
* 1+ years of Adult Education experience
* Ability to travel 50-75% (most commonly to Dulles, D.C., Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, Chicago and San Diego)
* Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, IT, and/or appropriate skill level in related field.
* Primary focus areas include Computer Security Concepts & Best Practices; Information & Cyber Security Operation, Governance, Assurance and Compliance; associated business processes and a solid understanding of the Industry Standard Professional Certification programs.
Experience and current certifications in two or more of the following (with the ability to achieve current certifications from the additional list below):
* CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
* CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
* CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
* CPT (Certified Penetration Tester)
* CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
* CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor),
* CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional),
* CAP (Certified Authorization Professional),
* CRISC (Certified in Risk & Information Systems Control)
* CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT)
Why you should join us
* Quickly growing, stable (16 years!) tech company
* Named to Madison Top Workplaces 2021 and Chicago's Best Places to Work 2021
* Internal career path opportunities
* Competitive base salary and 401(k) with company match
* Health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, FSAs, supplemental insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program)
* Paid parental leave
* Paid time off for volunteer and charitable work
* Infosec Gives pledge - sharing 1% of our profit, product and time to impact communities around us
* Commitment to diversity and inclusion so all employees feel comfortable and confident bringing their whole selves to work
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, apply right now! A real human being will review your application and get back to you if you're a good fit. If you're unsure or have questions, reach out to us at . We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Infosec is an equal opportunity employer.