Are you looking for an alternative to college or sixth form?
Are you looking to kick-start your career within the IT industry?
Do you want to gain industry recognised IT qualifications, as well as getting hands-on experience with one of our fantastic employers, all whilst getting paid?
If the answer is yes, then an LMPQ IT Apprenticeship could be for you!
Pathfinder Group of companies IT division known as Pathfinder Technologies UK Ltd, we are a Birmingham, West Midlands Based It solutions provider, providing Web design, It solutions, Online support for Ebay and Amazon customers, hosting for new and existing sites.
? We are an organisation driving a huge clientele on a committed path of delivering quality products and a range of software solutions, with core competencies in web services. We have a global and phenomenal presence in the UK , India and Dubai … spreading ever & across with more than 200 corporations as our business milestones.
? Pathfinder specialises in web design, and has some of the largest corporations under its belt throughout the West Midlands area, but also works closely with small to medium size companies.
About the Role:
Your duties will include:
· Offering 1st line support
· Data restoration
· Comprehensive technical support
· Proactively updating customers with call status and resolution progress
· Escalating potential service issues initially to designated escalation contact
· Going out and dealing with problems onsite
· Answering inbound support telephone calls and offer support to the customer
· Updating Helpdesk Ticket system
· Being responsible for personal ticket queue, updates and completing tasks
· Providing a friendly and helpful first point of contact for clients
· Listening to client issues, noting key information and being patient with client conversations
· Promoting a "can do" attitude, by looking for solutions and not problems
Successful applicants will:
· Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
· Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham weekly for your classroom-based days
- Hold a clean driving licence or currently learning - This is due to the requirement to travel off site as part of the role
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Desire to achieve
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their skills whilst working in a supportive company. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working within an IT environment and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive and enthusiastic individual.
Career Progression after Level 3 - This can lead on to:
- Possible permanent position with this employer upon completion of the apprenticeship
· Help Desk Technician, First- and Second-Line Support, IT Infrastructure Technician and many, many more!
Apprentices are required to be as flexible as possible to meet the needs of the business. The average working week will be between 30-40 hours, Monday to Friday. Shifts TBC
Training to be provided:
· Level 2 Certificate in Work skills with Embedded IT - Pre-Apprenticeship: 8 weeks with 16 days in total at our Academy
· Level 3 Digital Industries Advanced Apprenticeship - Infrastructure: 12/13 months made up of 1 day per week at our Academy (paid day), and 4 days in your IT company employment for the whole of the apprenticeship where you will cover the following modules:
MTA Mobility & Devices,
MTA Networking Fundamentals
MTA Server Administration
Coding and Logic
· You will receive full training at LMPQ's Microsoft Imagine Academy as well as on the job training...... click apply for full job details