At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Chief Information Officer (CIO) organization is look for highly skilled, eager, and self-motivated professional for its Quote to Cash, Central Functions Infrastructure Team. The position requires skills and experience with the Agile Scrum methodology, systems development, operating systems knowledge, and an awareness of enterprise applications. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in IT concepts, systems development, system administration of various operating systems, database administration and management, and hands-on experience with various applications and support. Responsibilities will include:
* Understanding the requirements of managing a large infrastructure environment, managing projects and escalations as needed
* Coordinating changes and outages, and activities for planning, upgrading, provisioning, and installing software and servers
* Understanding hosting, managing, and tracking status calls with global teams
* Understanding the stakeholders' requirements and the value they expect to realize
* Managing the team's product and iteration backlogs
* Partnering with the team's Iteration Manager
* Working in a partnership with the team's Iteration Manager
* Participating in a global team that supports the applications, databases, and middleware infrastructure supporting business critical application and tools
* Demonstrating effective verbal and written communication skills to organize and lead virtual and in-person meetings, coordinate activities, write meeting minutes, project plans, emails, and ad hoc messaging
* Applying critical thinking skills to projects, facilitation, and planning activities
* Leading the team, setting priorities, assisting the team to mature their Agile methodologies practices, providing day-to-day SME level support/guidance
Candidates should be willing to learn and use new technology while staying focused on deliverables and driven by results. This exciting group of infrastructure and application support teams are always looking for new tools, methodologies, and automation opportunities to support and satisfy their stakeholders.
Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at IBM Cloud.
This position, within the IBM Cloud Infrastructure as a Service organization, is responsible for all project management functions related to new product development and implementation. This role provides a single point of accountability for all aspects of assigned projects. Maintains focus on goals and objectives of assigned initiatives including such factors as scope management, internal/external resources, project schedules, issues tracking, risk management, and project status reporting.
* Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with management, project sponsors, product owners, architects, and other stakeholders.
* Effectively communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, continuously manage objectives, and hold project team members accountable for delivery.
* Lead the project execution and delivery and help project teams maintain an overall project vision with supporting project plans.
* Refine project execution approach using project management standards and best practices.
* Identify and manage project dependencies, critical path items, and project risks.
* Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential roadblocks, and devise contingency plans.
* Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholder including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.
* Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Develop and advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* Ability to assess and apply the appropriate levels of project practice and engagement to achieve the project objectives being fulfilled by agile and non-agile teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and technical staff.
* Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills. Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
* Capability to apply critical thinking to project situations, make judgment calls to establish direction for resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status and impacts to key project stakeholders.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, customers, and other departments.
* Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
* Ability to conceptualize solutions from general information, limited uncertainty, and defined opportunities.
* Ability to negotiate contracts, commitments, deliveries, expectations with limited business implications.
* Ability to resolve conflict among participants.
* Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 5+ years of relevant project management experience in a Technology/IT environment running projects in a complex, multi-site environment with cross functional teams.
* Practical knowledge of both agile and non-agile project methodologies.
* Practical experience working directly with business/IT leadership to set direction and drive project execution.
* Experience managing projects that are software/application development and IT infrastructure related.
* Proficient in all MS Office products.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 8+ years of relevant project management experience in Cloud services.
* 5+ years of relevant program management experience in a Technology/IT environment running projects in a complex, multi-site environment with cross functional teams.
* IBM PM, PMP or PMI-ACP certification.
* JIRA experience is useful.