Join the brand that is transforming rural areas with ultrafast full fibre broadband. We're the team where talented people are encouraged to thrive and enhance their career.
Powered by brilliant people with bright ideas, we want to hear yours. Our success is driven by your creativity, collaboration and commitment.
The Infrastructure Systems Engineer role will form part of a team ensuring our systems are reliable and resilient. The role is diverse and the opportunity to develop is encouraged, up and coming projects to get involved in include implementing Kubernetes on AWS, Ipv6, as well as using current programmes and systems such as containerization, puppet, Linux and PostgreSQL.
You are ambitious, an expert in your field with the tenacity to succeed. You will be able to demonstrate the essential criteria whilst bringing your own passion and ideas. Some of the key skills you will possess are:
• Configuration Management Systems
• Linux Administration - CentOS ideally but any Linux / Unix
• Openshift / Docker / Kubernetes / AWS
• PostgreSQL - system management level, back-ups, replication
• Core internet applications protocols - DHCP / DNS
• Scripting - ideally some Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, Ruby
• Application and network security best practices
You share our values. They make us who we are:
• Find a way: Always working together to deliver market-leading solutions and provide customer service excellence to our communities
• Be committed: We are all accountable for our actions and work relentlessly with our many customers to deliver on our promises
• Do the right thing: We always base our decisions on what we believe is fair, considerate and in the best interest of our customers and our colleagues
• Keep it simple: In an industry of complexity and confusion, we make things easy for everyone to understand
Culture & benefits:
We empower people to do what they do best; fast. We want you to bring you, so we don't 'fence' anyone in to a single way of working. You will get the latest news through our staff magazine, Gigabites, and monthly company updates (food can play a major part in this!). You are living and breathing our values, so your colleagues may nominate you for our Star of the Month award. If you win you get an extra day's holiday. Like us, you probably like to get a bit social too. We have a weekly running club, Gigaclear FC plus two company socials a year, and more.
On top of this we offer great benefits such as, Study Support, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Pension and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
When you apply for this role, please access the full job description in the account registration area...... click apply for full job details