Why Work for Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) use leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold best-in-class positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every single day.
RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, real passion for our products, and teamwork, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers; RELX has recently been ranked by Forbes as #53 in their Top-2000 Global Employers.
Infrastructure Systems Engineer III (12 months FTC)
We are looking for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer III who is an all-rounder and be able to work with minimal supervision. You must be willing to cross train in all team functional areas and must be a self-starter, looking to own key operational systems and continually advance and develop processes, procedures & documentation. You may be required to coach other members of the team in their specialist discipline. You should have strong experience with a 24 x 7 Production Environment. There will be some travelling within the EU when required.
• Management, support and deployment of Active Directory Infrastructure and Windows Servers 2012/16/19
• Management, support and deployment of patching cycles, backup management and support, monitoring platforms, cloud infrastructure and services, AV platform, virtualised environments and automation
• Third line incident support of global Windows infrastructure
• Support of internal and external web farms
• Experienced in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Citrix, Infoblox DNS/DHCP Appliances, patching technologies - specifically WSUS, Anti-virus technologies, monitoring platforms, Commvault Backup, Cloud Technologies - AWS, Rackspace, Azure, Microsoft qualifications (MCP/MCSE/MCSA)
• Experience in VMware vSphere, ESX, Site Recovery Manager. Primarily in day to day management, performance and capacity. Environment built out and system migration experience desirable.
• Scripting knowledge (VB, Powershell) and use of automation technologies (Bash, Puppet, Terraform, ansible)
• Strong Change control skills/process orientated and working knowledge of TCP/IP and networking technologies
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with proven experience in Enterprise administration
What's it like to work here?
Outstanding - you've probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we're involved with but what's really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We're an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
· Mentoring scheme for women in technology
· Women's network forum
· Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1..
Risk & Business Analytics (RBA) provides customers with innovative solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk while enhancing operational efficiency through eight unique brands. RBA is a market segment of RELX and has more than 8,500 employees serving customers in over 180 countries. RBA's eight brands include: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Accuity, Proagrica, ICIS, Cirium, XpertHR, Nextens, and EG.