Infrastructure Support Engineer
Exciting Infrastructure Support Engineer vacancy at one of the most successful and rapidly expanding IT Service Providers in the country (and one of the most sought-after employers in the Manchester area).
The role is 2nd / 3rd line work and within this role you'll be upskilled extremely quickly on some of the most cutting-edge technologies out there.
For the right (highly ambitious and technically minded) support engineer, this really is a career defining role with huge scope for progression (and considerable training on offer). You'll be helping to support and manage a customer base consisting of numerous household name brands. You'll also be supporting some extremely interesting government bodies (therefore you will be required to gain SC Clearance for this position).
You'll be working with primarily Microsoft technologies and in particular we are seeking candidates with a reasonable existing level of knowledge in relation to SQL Databases.
While experience of working in "Cloud" environments will also be beneficial, it is not an absolute requirement in relation to this role; the most important thing is that you are hungry to learn and progress your career and are keen to pick up what are some of the most sought after skills in the IT market today.
What you'll need:
- Experience managing and maintaining Windows Server based infrastructure.
- Active Directory (including GPO administration).
- At the very least, a basic understanding of SQL Databases (i.e. performing basic database administration tasks).
- As you are likely to be undertaking a reasonable amount of work with SQL databases within this role, a strong desire to enhance your skills in this area would be necessary (there are a number of career routes you could follow within this business; one of those is certainly towards become a [qualified] Database Administrator).
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange (Exchange Online / 365 and / OR on-prem).
- Experience managing or administrating Citrix environments would be beneficial (is not a requirement).
- Experience working with Azure or AWS would also be beneficial (again, not a requirement).
This is an extremely urgent hire and as such a hire is expected to be made quickly. If you think this is "you", please do apply now to hear more about this genuinely awesome opportunity...... click apply for full job details