(1) Installs, maintains, configures, upgrades and/or administers hardware and/or software independently in assigned single technology domain.
Technology Domain: an assigned area where technical work requires specific knowledge to evaluate, select, adapt & modify standard procedures in the resolution of assigned tasks. Employees devise new approaches to problems encountered. The following are illustrative of a technology domain:
· Network Administration
· Information Security
· Telecommunications and Network Connectivity
· Business Continuity
· Server Administration
· SAN Administration
· Workstation support
(2) Diagnoses, analyzes and resolves issues for customer(s) in assigned single technology domain. Conducts performance tuning for hardware and/or software. Stays current regarding new technologies, standards and techniques. Responds to "production down" problems on 24 hour basis.
(3) Evaluates and/or researches hardware and/or software solutions and provides feedback to project team or higher level staff. Assists in providing IT consultation and recommendations for implementation, ensuring services are not compromised. Provides technical IT leadership for integration of various related systems.
(4) Demonstrates advanced level working technical knowledge of infrastructure components in the technology domain and receives general direction in order to evaluate effectiveness and risk of IT processes, recommend changes in IT procedures and policies to meet customer needs, and evaluate and/or research hardware and/or software solutions in the technology domain and provide feedback to project team or management.
(5) Conducts security audits and provide recommendations to mitigate hardware and security risks. Plan and document disaster recovery plans, maintain network documentation regarding design, problems, and resolutions.
Completion of high school education or GED plus post-secondary education and/or training in Computer Technology or related field and four years computer networking or network support experience. Configure and support installation of various network devices and services. (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, Antivirus software, wireless access points, etc.) by following established configuration and change management polices to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure. Support one or more of the following providers: Cisco Meraki, Netmotion Mobile VPN, Fortinet, Dell, and HPE/Aruba Networks and support for Avaya VOIP solutions. Work with network carriers to implement services. (MPLS, Broadband, VPLS, Fiber Internet).
Preference given to those with advanced experience specific to VMware and Vmware tools (e.g., vSphere web client, vRealize Operations Manager, vShield Manager, Site Recovery Manager);IT principles, methods and practices in VMware with ESXi Host Management; VMware technologies (e.g.,vMotion, Storage vMotion, standard virtual switch, distributed virtual switch, DRS rules, DRS groups, VM snapshots, VDI configuration and deployment),
- provided by Dice