In this senior technical, solution architect-type role, the Infrastructure Solutions Lead will not only have broad responsibility for the delivery of projects that build and enhance software-as-a-service platforms leveraging infrastructure-as-code strategies, but also play a foundational role in determining how those solutions will be built, brought to market, and managed for maximum performance and availability. This position will be a key leader and advocate towards the goal of having tools and automation for whole end-to-end operation as well as a key technologist defining, validating, and enforcing design standards and best practices.
What you'll do:
* Provide expertise for delivering web applications (all tiers) and backend infrastructure at large scale, and have the ability to context switch and work at the strategic, architectural, and operational levels
* Ensure solution architecture aligns with the technology roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles as well as design and implementation standards
* Serve as both a consumer and contributor to enterprise architecture collateral.
* Translate requirements, sprint plan and development design into the platform architecture and leading their delivery team in the build, documentation and implementation of that solution following the companies continuous delivery principles
* Serve as the single point of contact for the software agile teams they support in identifying the development teams infrastructure requirements, challenges with environment availability and providing guidance of how to develop software to take advantage of infrastructure components to drive availability, resiliency, performance and scalability
* Deliver design artifacts documenting implementation plans for both existing and new technologies in a cloud-enabled ecosystem focused on fully cloud, hybrid cloud, and on prem solution strategies.
* Responsible for engagement with Development, Architecture and Performance Engineering to design solutions that deliver on Operability, Release and Configuration Management, Infrastructure and Application capacity management and provisioning.
* Leveraging guidance from Performance Engineering and Architecture design, measures, optimizes, and tunes system performance and ensures that systems will run reliably, highly performant and highly available by focusing on reliability, resiliency, scalability in a 24/7 production environment, as well as in a development stack.
* Partner with Development and Infrastructure teams to understands and take responsibilities for all operational workflows and operating procedures, down to a granular, detailed level.
* Acts as the single point of contact for development agile teams to identify infrastructure requirements, handles environment break-fix coordination with delivery team, and drives continual improvement of infrastructure availability, resiliency and scalability to enable development success and productivity.
* Engages with technology teams across Paychex to share best practices and leverage Paychex tools, codes and infrastructure for re-use as effectively as possible in support of the engineering portfolio.
* Proactively identifies, manages and mitigates risks within an IT project by working closely with your partners within Development, IT Infrastructure and the business.
Wonder what it's like to work in IT at Paychex?
Check it out!
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, System and Software Development or related discipline
* Experience in a lead role in driving cross-functional engineering teams from analysis through solution and developing junior level staff.
* Experience with Unix and Windows operating systems, including the ability to performance tune the OS and applications suites. Demonstrated experience in quickly assessing architectures to understand implementation design and usage patterns for improvement opportunity.
* Demonstrated experience and current working knowledge of developing software and/or designing systems. .
* 10+ years of experience in Systems or software development experience in designing, building and deploying highly scalable enterprise systems.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social responsibility.