CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
Infrastructure Solutions Architect - Physical Security (Technology Infrastructure Services)
Job ID: req4122
Position Closing Date: May 25, 2021 or Open Until Filled
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
A senior-level position focused on customer service and complex solutions design/implementation. Leads the design and delivery of physical security technologies for the school. Role includes business and systems analysis, system implementation and administration, and project management. Performs a variety of moderately to highly complex tasks required for the support of user and system requirements.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads the delivery of highly complex physical security systems in coordination with college security.
2. Creates project plans for every project detailing the expected level of effort and time required.
3. Executes project plans by properly communicating plan to the team members and any other staff.
4. Provides leadership to the team in the success of meeting project goals. Responsibility includes delegation and review of work, and providing training as necessary.
5. Creates detailed specifications in accordance to the requirements.
6. Contributes to team mission, and promotes a team focus for other team members.
7. Accepts responsibilities for completeness and final quality of own work as well as the work of the team.
8. Provides proper communication, support and assist with implementation of new features or services.
9. Researches new techniques in the development of systems and be knowledgeable of current trends and strategies in field or work.
10.Assists with coordination and planning of projects.
11.Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Breakthrough thinking: The ability to think strategically and radically about new ways of
responding to rapidly changing technology and continually evolving customer needs.
* Organizational Awareness: The ability to learn who to approach and how to get things done
by understanding the influences of formal structures and decision-making processes,
informal power structures, climate, culture, organizational politics.
* Team Commitment: The ability to work cooperatively with others across internal teams and
the organization to achieve shared goals. Place a high value on being part of a team and
act to further the interests of the team or the organization above their own. Service
Orientation: The ability to implement solutions that are responsive and satisfactory to the
customer's needs while aligning with the school's policies and commitments
* Ability to lead and motivate other employees Ability to maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work Ability to efficiently manage time
and organize work Ability to communicate clearly, verbal and written
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of related experience with a certification specifically in networking
or infrastructure technology; or an Associate Degree from an accredited institution in Computer
Science or a field related to information technology, 6 years of related experience with a certificate
related to infrastructure technology, and 2 years of experience in project coordination or
* A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line. During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
* College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "additional documents" section of the application process.
* Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to for attachment to the on-line application.
* All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary for this position is $59,608 - $77,489. Pay grade for this position is N. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Professional. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County's resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, Central Piedmont is in close proximity to the Queen City's growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 56,000 students call Central Piedmont home, making it one of the largest community colleges in the Carolinas.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. ("Title IX"), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.