Infrastructure Solutions Architect #413280 Job Description:
Experience in architecting advanced infrastructure solutions which may not be widely used or are new to the industry, including the ability to mentor other staff in the use of the specialty technologies and make recommendations on the use of the specialty technologies and integration within the organization's architecture.
- Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
- Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas for Mainframe and Distributed platforms, networking, databases, High Availability/Disaster Recovery, and IT security.
- Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned project responsibilities under limited supervision.
- Experience and skills in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies such as ITIL.
- Knowledge of and experience with a broad range of application servers, web servers, messaging servers, database servers, and related technologies.
- Able to analyze business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs.
- Experience in web infrastructure design and operations including IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, load balancing, clustering, failover, monitoring, diagnostics, performance tuning, etc.
- Possess high aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- 13+ years of experience in the field
- Unix System Administration (highly desired)
- Experience in creation, maintenance, and execution of system/administrative scripts such as Bash, Python, Power Shell
- Experience with creation of scripts in Ansible to automate software provisioning, configuration management and application deployment
- Experience in deploying and administering storage hardware or logical storage arrays
- Experience working in a DevOps or SecOps capacity in a 1000+ server environment
- Experience with working with CICD, containers, Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift deployments and support
- Experience installing, configuring, and administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience resolving intermediate issues with Configuration Management and Networking concepts
At Fast Switch - Great Lakes (FSGL), Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at FSGL, have been doing this for 22 years with pride, dedication and plain old-fashioned hard work.
We're a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
One of our pride points as that in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press.
To view all of our open positions, please go to:
Follow us on Twitter at:
Follow us on Instagram at:
Find us on LinkedIn at:
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: