Infrastructure Solution Architect sought by our customer which is a leading telecom vendor. The organisation is looking to recruit a solution architect for their Telecom customer. Contract based for 3 months initially with extension possibility.
* Provide technical expertise and IT industry knowledge within the organisation across a wide portfolio of technologies, supporting IT and business colleagues in the delivery of change.
* Provide a detailed understanding of the IT impact of the business from both a business and operational perspective, with specific attention to system and data security and integrity.
* Creation and assurance of project and technical documentation required by the change delivery process.
* Definition of architectural standards, frameworks and processes required to build and operate an effective and efficient IT service.
* Act as IT technical design authority for the project, focused on providing modern, efficient and flexible (new) working environments for staff, embracing modern ways of working through the use of the latest technology and industry offerings, in particular Cloud Services
* Produce IT architecture definition and design principles for the migration of business services, IT architecture
* Collaborate with business stakeholders, change delivery managers and IT Business Partners to architect IT solutions and assist in their qualification under the change delivery governance framework, providing an assessment of IT impact for inclusion in the associated business case
* Work in a collaborative manner in line with the change delivery governance framework to assist IT colleagues in accessing and conforming to the defined IT processes
* Develop technical specifications for IT solutions, ensuring that all business requirements (including those of the end user and strategic considerations) are identified, captured and clearly communicated to respective IT and business change delivery teams
* Evaluate the requirements, options and costs for proposed solutions
* 10+ years' experience in Infrastructure Solution Architect role
* Hands-on experience in deploying, configuring and troubleshooting software or networking equipment (like : Guardicore, VMware NSX ) - a must
* In-depth knowledge in four out of the five technologies: Networking, Virtualization, Micro segmentation, Active Directory, Operating System (Win+Lnx) - a must
* Hands-on experience with the following is an advantage: Config management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
* Expertise in design of Active Directory, ADFS architecture and Integration of core infrastructure technologies
* Strong on VMware and On Premise solutions
* Good knowledge and understanding of Linux architecture & integration with Active Director
* Identifying and defining system security requirements. Designing computer security architecture and developing detailed cyber security designs
* Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
* Network security experience
* Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with an experience of collaborating with a remote/global team
* Work closely with members of Support and Engineering teams to quickly resolve any client issues
* Experience in TOGAF, Agile and DevOps are all advantages with experience in relevant consultancy and/or architecture roles and Experience in Enterprise IT Lifecycle Management
* Knowledge of Telco OSS Platforms
* Work with customer throughout a delivery project life cycle - project management, planning, architecture (including HLD, LLD etc.), deploying and configuring state of the art Segmentation platform
Software Development Methodologies:
* Agile and DevOps
* Education: Educated to degree level or holds a professional qualification
* Minimum years of experience: 15+ years
· Communication: Very strong verbal and written skills providing effective communication and able to build strong professional relationships with both business and technical colleagues.
· Teamwork: Ability to work in a team and individual environment
· Leadership: Ability to lead multi-disciplinary technical teams
· Organisation: Excellent time management and organizational skills. Self-motivated.
· Innovation: Innovative, flexible and dynamic, with a strong business and customer focused approach. Show initiative to lead improvements and drive a better working environment...... click apply for full job details