Are you interested in working for the award winning Alameda County IT Department? This position performs analysis to assess operational risk, threats and vulnerabilities to Alameda County information systems and data. The position will utilize security best practices to support operations in several areas including but not limited to account provisioning, security awareness training, and security network, server and endpoint monitoring. The position will also lead and participate in moderate to high-complexity information technology projects and initiatives pertaining to information security and building a secure modern enterprise. The candidate must understand and embrace modern information security trends that enhance and strengthen Alameda County's ability to address existing and new threat vectors.
The candidate may participate as an information security subject matter expert in technology operational processes, including access management, identity management, security monitoring, incident response, and security operations center management. The candidate should be able to document appropriate security processes and participate in training both customers and team members.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience in account provisioning and associated workflows.
- Knowledge and experience in working on an incident response team.
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and assessing security alerts on network, server, and endpoint devices.
- Knowledge and experience in working with a security operations center.
- Knowledge and experience in assessing and tracking security vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge and experience in performing/assessing penetration tests.
- Knowledge and experience in working with security endpoint tools such as AV and EDR.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- Understanding of current security threat vectors.
- Knowledge and experience in understanding and aggregating security logs for the purposes of ingestion through a SIEM.
- Solid verbal, written communication skills, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- 2 years of experience in information security, IT audit, or information technology operations.
- At least one of the following certifications is preferred: ISACA CSX, CompTIA Security+, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals, Systems Security Certified Practitioner, or equivalent.
- Office 365, Identity Access Management, Privileged Access Management
- Endpoint and server security best practices
- Network architecture and protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NetBIOS, IPSec, SMTP
- General access controls using network firewalls, application firewalls and proxy servers
Office 365, Azure, PKI, IAM, EDR, CEH, Security Infrastructure, Security Analyst, Network Security, Network Architecture, Network firewalls, Windows,
Benefits include: County Pension Plan, eleven (11) paid holidays a year + initial accrual rate of ten (10) vacation days/yr (increases over time) + seven (7) additional management paid vacation days/year + four (4) floating holidays/year + accrual of thirteen (13) sick days/year. Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ FSA/ Transportation cafeteria benefit selection options, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Alameda County does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B) and an offer of employment shall not be construed as including said sponsorship presently or in the future. No vendor resumes at this time.
- provided by Dice