DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We're looking for talented, Security-focused Infrastructure Engineers to join our Technology Services team and become a key part of one of the biggest digital transformation programmes in the world, for the UK's largest government department.
Technology Services provide the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate. Our purpose is to deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations in support of DWP business objectives. We do this by putting users and quality of service at the heart of what we do.
You and your role
Digital Security products and tools protect services across our hybrid cloud infrastructure covering both traditional data centres and cloud hosting solutions.
As an Infrastructure Engineer working on Security you will develop, design, implement and support different security products, in collaboration colleagues from our Architecture and Engineering communities.
Ulitmately you'll use your skills make sure our security infrastructure solutions are stable, robust and resilient so that our products and services are safe, optimised and available for the millions of people that rely on them.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Significant level of experience in the deployment and operational support of security tooling across a large enterprise
- Experience in taking responsibility for making effective decisions in a fair and timely manner
- Experience of changing ways of working to aid operation within and between teams in order to achieve results
- Experience in working with teams managing disparate technologies as part of an overall delivery
Skills and experience in some of the following would also be desirable (but not essential) for these roles:
- End-Point Protection
- Server Security
- Vulnerability Management
- Network Security
- Public Key Infrastructure & Certificates
- User Access Management & Identity
- DDoS Protection
- Coding & Scripting
- Agile & Waterfall project methodologies
Where You'll Work
you'll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool.
Find out more about our hubs here:
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £45,012, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now...... click apply for full job details