Are you an Operations Engineer looking to showcase your Cisco UCS expertise? Our Infrastructure Operations Team needs people like you to take the reins in redesigning our Cisco UCS environment. Fisher Investments is growing globally and you will play a key role in developing scalable and strategic solutions to support our global growth. The Opportunity:
Fisher Investments is seeking an Infrastructure Operations Engineer to join our technology team. We believe in providing our employees with the tools, support, and training they need to thrive within our company and in their professional career. We have invested a lot of resources and time into our IT department, and we are dedicated to securing the most advanced technologies available.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. The Day-to-Day:
- Design, configure, and install Cisco B-Series and C-Servers servers
- Backup and restore system configuration for UCS
- Lead capacity planning and delivering KPI
- Implement automation for Cisco UCS
- Administer and configure UCS boot templates, service profiles, firmware upgrades
- Troubleshoot and debug systems
- Utilize design skills to define Technical Design Specifications for complex and high impact projects
- Create, train and manage all necessary documentation including but not limited to system standards, run-books, etc.
- Own new and/or existing environments including planning upgrades, staying on top of EOL dates and documenting inter-dependencies
- Support production while managing projects and deliverables
- Research software solutions to meet current business needs or to proactively create efficiencies
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
Why Fisher Investments:
- Experience with complimentary operating systems such as Windows 2016/Citrix LTSR 1912/ESXi 6.5
- 5+ years' experience in supporting an enterprise class infrastructure
- Demonstrated analytical and design expertise
- Intermediate to advanced level experience using PowerShell and task automation
- Ability to participate in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and end users with varying levels of technical expertise
- Self-starter with a drive for completion
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We do not come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we are proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, the people make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, our people enable us to offer the level of service that we do. Moreover, we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we are Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as Top Workplace.
But in the end, it is not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
#DI - provided by Dice