At M&T Tech, we're a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We're not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: we're an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We're building an agile team of the most skilled and creative workers to solve complex problems, architect solutions, write high-performance software, and chart our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow's bank, today.
The Enterprise Architecture, Data, and Engineering Group is responsible with enabling our technology partners across the Bank with a suite of best-in-class Platforms, Tools, and Products; allowing them to deliver rich customer solutions all while decreasing their time to market. In addition, the Group creates significant value by providing an advisory and governance function on these capabilities, so technology delivery teams can focus on the "What" not the "How".
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to build the capabilities to modernize Architecture at M&T Bank? We need an experienced Network Architect to focus on developing a modern enterprise data and communication network, while improving our internal workforce and customer experience. You will work with key stakeholders to design and implement resilient, scalable and agile network architecture that improves security and increases operational efficiency to meet the business needs and technology strategy. This includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing of solutions to ensure that business and technology projects are secure, compliant with enterprise policies, and corporate technology standards and do not diverge from business and technology strategies.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise network design change requirements to meet targeted business outcomes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and establish datacenter, campus and cloud network strategy, roadmap, architecture design blueprints, standards, patterns and governance.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define the future-state architecture vision for secure and reliable, hybrid and multi-cloud network environments.
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Understand cybersecurity principles; identify and address impacts to ensure solutions architecture designs comply with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices
- Understand Corporate Technology standards and ensure solutions fully comply; recommend exceptions where appropriate
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns related to assigned domain or LOB to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision
- Support governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work, leveraging appropriate Enterprise Architecture tools
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years' operational/technical experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years' higher education and/or work experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Graduate degree in a business or technical discipline
- Strong technical skills and demonstrated experience in all aspects of networking design, engineering, installation, configuration and compliance.
- Strong experience in networking technologies and standards - Cisco routers and switches, Arista switches, SD-WAN technologies preferably Cisco Viptela, Cisco Meraki, Network segmentation tools preferably Illumio, Kubernetes networking, F5 and Citrix Load balancers and network automation.
- Experience in network security stack, enterprise proxy solutions, checkpoint firewalls, perimeter security, WAF and CASB
- Experience in at least two Information Technology solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, infrastructure, application development, cybersecurity, or Information Technology (IT) operations
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Relevant certifications in Enterprise Architecture discipline, or other domain-relevant disciplines
- Understanding of project management methods and processes (Waterfall, Agile), and capability of supporting all types of project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us. Location
Buffalo, New York, United States of America