The IT Infrastructure Data Center Manager's role is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing 4 to 6 staff members, contractors/consultants, and the overall IT operation with a focus on ensuring the stable operation of the organization's IT Data Center and server infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, such as the Data Center, Windows & IBM Servers, Exchange Messaging, MobileIron Device Management, VMware & Citrix Virtualization and storage infrastructure. The Infrastructure Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. This position will play a key role contributing to the current and future strategic technology direction for over 1,600 personnel and 39 plus regional offices.
A primary focus for this management position will be to provide leadership for technology platform transformation and to deliver the full project lifecycle for new infrastructure technology solutions, inclusive of building a strategic roadmap for the short, medium and long term for each every managed infrastructure service. In addition, this role will be responsible for the operational excellence of the Data Center and Operations team, including implementing ITIL and ITSM procedures with an initial focus on assisting with the further development of Incident Management, RCA/Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, SLAs, production support, standards, tools, and best practices for the technology organization. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide hands-on project management for strategic firm-wide initiatives, inclusive of technology selection, effort, timeline, cost, resource allocation, system engineering, RFP/SOW creation, vendor selection/management, solution delivery, and implementation .
· Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
· Ability to decompose large initiatives into constituent projects and executable technology delivery goals.
· Oversee 2 nd and 3 rd level Infrastructure operations support for the firm on a 24x7 basis, with on-call support during off-hours for initial response to disruptions, outages and incidents.
· Implement ITSM and ITSM procedures with a focus on Incident Management, RCA/Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, SLAs, production support, standards, and best practices for the technology organization.
· Assist with the implementation and evangelization of cyber security best practices and lead cyber incident response/managemen t if necessary.
· Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
· Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
· Ensure all systems are properly backed-up and recoverable within established RTO and RPOs.
· Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
· Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with peer and senior management.
· Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all in-scope infrastructure systems
· Own the project lifecycle and be responsible for managing technical and operational risks and issues for smaller projects that are not led by the Project Management Organization (PMO).
· Work with peer Infrastructure and other IT Department Managers to provide input into the departmental vision and strategic road map for Data Center technical platforms
· Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the senior management, decision-makers, stakeholders, department managers, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
· Provide financial budgeting for projects and resources for both initial capital investment and annual operating costs Required Qualifications
· Minimum of 7 years' experience leading an IT Infrastructure department and strategic IT Infrastructure projects
· Minimum of 5 years' hands-on technical experience building and supporting many of the following services and technologies:
- Physical servers (Dell/Windows)
- Virtual servers (ESX/VMWare)
- Storage/SAN/NAS (Dell, HP, EMC, etc.)
- Remote connectivity (Citrix Netscaler/XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Data centers (private, cloud and hybrid)
- Email (MS Exchange)
- Active Directory
- Monitoring ( MS SCCM, Solarwinds, WhatsUp Gold, CIM, Open Manage)
- Cyber security best practices
- Disaster recovery & backup
· Extensive experience leading infrastructure delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals.
· Expertise with vendor management, negotiation and oversight of vendor resources.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE