Description Job Description:
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Infrastructure Engineer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As an Infrastructure Engineer on this program, you will provide IT infrastructure engineering, administration, and operations to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). You will monitor technology obsolescence, manage upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role monitors operations, collects, and evaluates metrics to manage IT Infrastructure services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment; risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure IT infrastructure services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations on mission critical systems including disaster recovery.Primary Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for architecture, design, installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems including those associated with hardware and cloud resources.
- Updates to new technologies, tuning performance, defining storage needs, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches.
- Managing infrastructure resources for on-prem and cloud environments.
- Experience with Cloud technologies -AWS
- Exceptional scripting skills with shell, python, PERL and the like
- Proven experience installing and maintaining security patches on servers
- Documented experience creating maintaining and implanting detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures
- Extensive experience supporting Windows and Unix environments
- Ability to analyze available hardware and software from external vendors and make recommendations for purchase and installation
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco Enterprise environments
- Extensive experience with IP, Routing and Connection services
- Extensive experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Extensive experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables meeting performance metrics.
- Experience working on a SAFe Agile Framework.
- Experience with ITIL
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience developing DevOps infrastructure using GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible and related tools.
- Candidate must be .
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice