Infrastructure Engineer London to £80k
Infrastructure Engineer (Linux Python IaaS) *Remote Interview WFH*. Would you like to work on complex trading systems infrastructure and progress your career, gaining valuable experience in a finance environment? You could be joining a global Investment Management company in the City.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will join a team responsible for ensuring the high availability of mission critical services including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Build and Deploy, Research and Trading; supporting globally distributed services across APAC, EMEA and AMER regions. You'll monitor and provide tier 1 and 2 support across all services, rapidly respond to any outages, quickly identify, analyse and correct alerts and issues or escalate to minimise trade flow impact and pro-actively pre-empt outages to ensure a highly available environment.
You'll partner with traders, external vendors, development and DevOps teams, collaborating, responding to user's requests and identifying opportunities to automate repetitive tasks and manual processes.
You'll be joining a hugely talented team in London with 360 views of the City and work closely with counterparts in Paris, Singapore and Montreal. You will learn and develop your technology skills and business knowledge with opportunities to progress your career.
Driven by technology this company is able to offer an entirely remote interview / onboarding process and work from home during the current social distancing measures.
- Commercial experience in a technical support position
- Strong knowledge of Linux / UNIX administration (RHEL; CentOS; OEL preferred)
- High level scripting ability with Python and bash
- Experience with Infrastructure automation (e.g. Chef, Puppet or Ansible)
- Good working knowledge with TCP/IP, Multicast, tcpdump, clocking (PTP, NTP)
- Familiar with monitoring infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Prometheus)
- Degree educated; Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £80k) plus bonus and benefits.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Infrastructure Engineer (Linux Python IaaS) opportunity.