Job ProfilePosition Overview
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As an Infrastructure Engineer Sr. within PNC's Technology Infrastructure Services organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work will be considered for a well-qualified candidate.
In this role, you will be a member of the Monitoring Services team responsible for ensuring PNC s infrastructure, applications, and services are effectively monitored. Responsibilities include:
Provides expertise on best practices, standards, engineering approaches and complex technical resolutions for monitoring Mainframe resources and applications running on the Mainframe.
Develops software components to enhance existing as well as develop new monitoring and event management solutions
Provides expertise on event driven automation solutions
Places emphasis on quality improvement efforts; ensures that deliverable are secure, scalable and reliable.Job Description
- Provides expertise on platform engineering, while overseeing the team's effort and meeting customer needs. Uses technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for complex projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Provides expertise on best practices, standards, engineering approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Places emphasis on quality improvement efforts; ensures that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable through estimation and correction.
- Communicates with customers and integrates their needs with development, to meet business objectives.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Consulting Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Industry Knowledge Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Problem Solving Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
BachelorsDisability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-###-#### and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task