Who is Trace3
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 850 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the "big picture." We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.Juice - The "Stuff" it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it's due and demonstrate transparency. We "bring the weather" by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures - not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.About The Role
The Infrastructure Engineer will assist with network and IT infrastructure support including work on Windows and Linux OS, Linux shell scripting, IT Automation, computer networking, rack new equipment, run copper and fiber optic cabling, work on VMWare or other virtualization systems and work on Cisco and other networking equipmentRole is onsite in Walnut Creek, CA
What You'll Do
Qualifications & Interests
- Working experience and/or knowledge in a network test environment
- Strong documentation skills (Word, Visio)
- Strong working knowledge of wired and wireless networking
- Work with team in operations, maintenance and testing of client's datacenter
- Perform general network and security hardware and software maintenance and configuration
- Work with clients to assist with a variety of service requests
- Consult with customers to identify network requirements
- Produce and interpret network reports
- Maintain design requirements and standards documentation as required
- Design and configure network implementations including datacenter deployments
- Work with new and relevant networking technologies
- Ensure standards are maintained for network and other network edge device version updates & patches
- Communicate operational status and issues to management and the team
- Continuously update and improve skills and networking knowledge through training and self-study
- B.S. degree in a computer, physical sciences or engineering related discipline.
- Entry-level role with emphasis in IT and/or networking, Windows or Linux experience
- To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.