Sopra Banking Software is currently seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join our expanding Managed Services department. This role is can be local to our Sheffield or Dunstable offices or remote if required.
The role is to provide systems administration on a day-to-day business, alongside environment build activities to support our customers. These activities can include: Troubleshooting networking incidents, resolving issues relating to system performance, monitoring, optimisation, automation activities/tasks, general troubleshooting, software and hardware upgrades.
In addition to very strong technical skills, the role requires dynamic problem solving ability, enthusiasm, a desire to constantly improve the customer experience and the ability to strongly integrate into the wider managed services.
All responsibilities will involve a mixture of on premise and cloud (AWS) based work, with the balance shifting to cloud over time. Strong AWS skills are essential.
Attention to detail, quality and getting things right first time are essential.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will be experienced in the majority of the following:
- Have experience in a similar technical delivery role
- Knowledge/skills in AWS and related technology
- Experience of deploying and supporting Citrix Xenapp/VirtualApp
- Exposure and working knowledge of any Automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet or Mcollective
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows technologies; All Windows versions (7, 8, , R2, 2012 and 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019; IIS, Active Directory, DNS)
- Experience with Windows Support Tools (WSUS, MOM, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with VMware's products (VMware ESX, vCentre, vCloud, vSphere)
- Experience in working with vulnerability management and monitoring including tools such as Qualys or Nessus
- Experience of networks and Firewalls
- Experience in major incident management, change management and root cause analysis.
- Experience of troubleshooting, implementation and deployments
- Experience of working within an ISO27001 governed environment.
Personal Skills / Attributes Required
- Applicants must be able to work in a team environment may be required to interact with customers on a daily basis
- Awareness of security best practice and remediation activities
- The ability to investigate and resolve complex problems
- Positive attitude to trying out different things and offering innovative solutions
- Flexibility in working hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate at both a technical and a non-technical level
- Ability to manage own workload
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and adapt to changing priorities
- Drive to look at continuous improvements of current working practices
- Keen to take ownership and resolve issues
- Ability to act as technical lead within projects
- Methodical with meticulous attention to detail
In return you will benefit from:
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days,medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and an openness to discussing flexible working arrangements, plus many more excellent benefits.
Salary range of £35,000 - £45,000 p/a
Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing global Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings ! We build the technology that powers the world's best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse and creating an inclusive culture where all our people can be themselves and succeed on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is a straight forward credit check for CCJ's, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is not acceptable please ask our recruitment team.