Infrastructure Engineer / Application Packaging - Excellent career growth opportunities/Top Client list
Package:T0 £50K+ 3% Flex Fund + Life Assurance + Pension
Location:Salisbury or Portsmouth
Bring your Application Packaging expertise to us and in return we'll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T.
You do need to be eligible for and prepared to go through DV Clearance for this position.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is a trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
The day job
Currently looking for an Application Packager for a unique opportunity to work in collaboration with the existing team on a complex assignment on a high profile role within a secure environment.
This role will involve a number of tasks including
· Pa ckage and distribute software components to the Enterprise.
· Software integration / compatibility testing. Windows environment.
· Troubleshooting/fault resolution.
· Customer engagement
· Writing, reviewing and maintaining processes and procedures.
· Work with business and security frameworks (ITIL, JSP, IMN).
Essential experience :
· Application sequencing
· App-v Packaging & Troubleshooting - preferably v5
· MSI Packaging & Troubleshooting
· SCCM Administration (2012 preferable) - Software distribution and OS deployment.
· Silent installation techniques and troubleshooting
· Different packaging tools/installer engines including Orca & Flexera Admin Studio.
· Scripting - VBS, Batch etc
· Power Shell.
· Software integration and compatibility testing in a Windows environment.
· Windows App Locker
· Server Current Branch Group policy experience (AGPM) and client end points.
· Operating System build and delivery mechanisms.
· Good RCA within a complex environment.
· SC clearance
• Knowledge of Sys Track
• ITIL Foundation
Reasons why you should apply to us
· We're big - really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you'll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
· We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there
· We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
· Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
· Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.
Get in touch for more details or to have a confidential discussion about whether this could be the opportunity for you...... click apply for full job details