LOCATION OF WORK: 3 days in the Halifax office. 2 days remote working.
An established electronics business with offices globally require an Infrastructure Engineer to join its Halifax office.
This role is ideally suited to a 3rd line Infrastructure Engineer who is wishing to learn cloud technologies, or someone who is currently 2nd line and wishing to progress to 3rd line.
If you have Cloud experience this is desirable but not essential. The business will offer you full training and support as they make their transition into the Cloud.
This role will offer a good variety of taskwork. 50% will be BAU and reactive work, whilst 50% will be making new improvements to the current infrastructure.
You should be someone who enjoys working part of a friendly and supportive global team, where training and support is always on hand.
This role will offer an Infrastructure Engineer opportunity to develop their skills, work with the latest technologies and have a clear roadmap for career progression.
- Maintain and improve global IS services (which supports 1000+ staff)
- Participate in the design, delivery and transition to service of local and remote Group IS projects.
- Microsoft Stack Technologies (Microsoft 365, Server, DNS, Active Directory, etc.)
- Monitor and support the IT infrastructure to achieve maximum availability, performance, and value.
- Private Cloud, AWS & Azure estate daily management
- Provide escalation for staff within the Infrastructure, Desktop and Service Desk teams
- 2nd and 3rd Line Support experience
- Familiar with the full Microsoft 365 suite
- Confident with core IS services eg Active Directory, DNS, Virtualisation, Networking/SDWAN, SAN
- You should be self-starting and proactive and require minimal supervision
- Confident providing technical support to project teams and to provide consultation on complex projects
- Experienced in managing a hybrid environment, utilising the correct approach for the challenge at hand
- An appetite for high velocity IT and keen to fix problems with modern solutions
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbally
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.