You will join us as an Infrastructure Engineer, providing efficient and effective IT support across the business covering a wide range of IT systems and users. Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
- You will be working alongside the IT team to provide a range of support and duties to the Society.
- Providing support for escalated incident and service requests within the Society and assist with all elements of IT support where required.
- Configure, maintain and support core IT infrastructure for the Society.
- Assist in the implementation of new solutions and policies or processes within IT and the business.
- Follow and enforce existing IT policies. Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
- Previous experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, or level 3 support.
- Ability to configure, maintain and support a range of Microsoft operating systems. Windows 8.1, 10, 2008 R2, 2012R2, 2016.
- Ability to configure, maintain and support backup and DR solutions.
- Ability to configure, maintain and support Fortinet hardware.
- Ability to configure, maintain and support Web services (IIS).
- Ability to configure SQL services (MSSQL).
- Experience of IT Security, patching and vulnerability management.
- Proven experience in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting various network-related protocols (IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN etc.).
- Proven experience in working with and Active Directory environment.
Cheshire location with easy access to the motorway network.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications whatever your background - be it educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
No external recruitment agencies please. About The Veterinary Defence Society (VDS):
The Veterinary Defence Society (VDS) is a mutual insurance company, established in 1865 and run by experienced veterinary surgeons on behalf of the veterinary profession, which:
- Insures the vast majority of the practising profession against the effects of claims of negligence.
- Ensures that each case is handled by a veterinary colleague experienced in claims management.
- Defends reputations and finances against unjustified claims and offers compensation when appropriate.
- Includes cover for negligence resulting in human injury.
- Provides legal representation at criminal and disciplinary hearings.
- Offers advice and guidance to members, through training, Newsletters and other helpful publications.
Knutsford, Cheshire Salary:
Generous holiday entitlement. Non-contributory individual pension and generous company benefits.
You may have experience of the following: IT Infrastructure, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, Infrastructure Support, Infrastructure Lead, Network Engineer, etc...... click apply for full job details