As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
Tasks required include the following:
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Expertise in Linux, AIX OS and ability to manage Power systems management.
* Understanding cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, Ansible, etc
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Mastery in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery
* Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
* Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
* Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
* Expertise in Linux, AIX OS and ability to manage Power systems management
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you!