The Software Infrastructure team at Recurly is responsible for defining and building the core application infrastructure that enables Recurly to scale. The Recurly platform powers mission-critical services for some of the world's best brands () and this role is an opportunity to be part of defining the next generation of platform services leveraging the latest cloud technologies. As a Software Engineer on the Software Infrastructure team, you will participate in a wide range of projects building core services leveraged by the entire engineering organization.
* Design, configure, scale and maintain latest in service mesh networking technology
* Build, scale and maintain development and production infrastructure hosted in GCP
* Build and automate continuous integration and delivery systems including canary deploys
* Drive observability/monitoring across increasingly complex systems using modern tooling
* Analyze gaps, breakdown complex technical problems, provide roadmap communication and implement solutions according to business needs
* Identify and implement testable and maintainable scripted solutions as needed
* Thrive on a fast-paced, agile team and be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* 2+ years of related experience in a cloud environment (GCP preferred)
* Experience with IaC and configuration management technologies to build, deploy and integrate both infrastructure and applications (Terraform and Helm preferred)
* Experience working with container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes preferred)
* Experience with service mesh technologies (Istio preferred)
* Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g. Codefresh, ArgoCD)
* Experience configuring and using monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, GCP Stackdriver)
* Strong skill in networking administration and troubleshooting including container orchestration
* Familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash, Python and/or Ruby
* Strong understanding of distributed source code repositories and version control (e.g. Git)
* Familiarity with issue/problem tracking systems (e.g. Jira)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
* Knowledge/experience in Ruby on Rails
* Knowledge/experience in Golang
* Knowledge/experience in Rust
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote work
401(k) Retirement Plan
Flex Time Off
Dog friendly office
Monthly internet stipend
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Offices located in San Francisco, California; Boulder, Colorado; New Orleans, Louisiana and Remote!
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at