We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join a market leading eCommerce business based in Newton Abbot who continue to experience a period of growth, despite the challenging times.
This is a full-time, permanent position with the primary purpose of the role is to provide day to day support and maintenance of the IT infrastructure and acting as a technical lead/subject matter expert across multiple disciplines including networking, virtualisation, storage, Microsoft stack, security and cloud.
- Maintain and upkeep of the internal systems, including Exchange, Active Directory, Networks, VMware and Office 365
- Administer and manage all aspects of the on-site Network, Servers and Appliances, maintaining performance, stability and security
- Daily Backups, Systems Monitoring, Capacity planning, Monthly patching, firmware management and system wide updates
- Project work to refresh existing infrastructure (SAN, connectivity, Switches, VM hosts).
- Mentoring junior team members and passing knowledge across the team.
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft stack is essential including Office365, Active Directory, DNS, DCHP/GPO services, Exchange Architecture and Desktop Platforms.
- Solid background with VMware Virtualisation, building clustered solutions from scratch.
- Network administration experience with HP/Aruba hardware experience advantageous
- The ability to convey technical information to various user types and have empathy for end user concerns.
- Microsoft SQL Server build and administration experience.
- Office365 migration, administration and services experience required.
- Experience of Linux and automation technology would also be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive in identifying and solving issues
- An innovative and ideas focused individual with the ability to challenge the 'norm.'
- Flexible and adaptable to be successful in a constantly changing environment.
Our client is very much looking to improve and evolve their tech offering within the business and as such, they are looking for an individual who is able to embrace a challenge and help shape the future of the tech environment. Our client has a mixture of on-premise and cloud based systems and as such, someone should be comfortable across a wide variety of solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to shape an exciting future with a growing business.
Closing Date: Please note that we will accept applications up to the closing date, however all suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received, and the client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
If you have the skills and experience stated, please apply NOW!