As our next Infrastructure Engineer you'll be responsible Providing IT Systems Administration services for hardware, operating system and related systems software for relevant infrastructures across YBS. You'll join a likeminded team in our Leeds & Bradford based Technology Operations function.What You'll Do
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support services on a 24 x 365 basis for elements of the associated technology stack across all development, testing and business critical production environments, including on call
- To develop, maintain and provide IT capacity and performance management services across the associated technology stack.
- Installation, administration and support of IT Systems, both virtual and physical including associated Systems Management software to agreed standards.
- Configuration, implementation and maintenance of core hardware infrastructure including servers, storage, SAN switches and all of the management tools required to support them.
- Maintenance and support of performance, capacity and security applications and appliances.
- Maintain system availability, security and continued vendor support through the delivery of appropriate systems and applications patching.
- Provide effective incident and problem diagnosis and resolution utilising other internal and external support teams when required, taking ownership where appropriate.
- Be an innovator suggesting and introducing improvements by changes to working processes or automation.
- Produce and maintain knowledge base and procedural documentation to high standards.
- Take lead on various projects and deputise when needed.
Life at YBS
- Experience in providing Infrastructure Support Services in the majority of complex Business Critical IT environments such as:
- Windows Systems Administration
- Virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Scripting technologies / Automation Tools
- IT System Performance Monitoring/Tuning and Capacity management
- Server hardware support
- Enterprise Storage Solutions
- Storage replication technologies
- SAN technologies
- System management and monitoring tools
- IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery service provision
- TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Hyperconverged technologies
- Software defined architectures
- Devops working practices
- Containerised workloads
- Significant automation skills
- Knowledge of how to expose data from systems (for example, through APIs), link data from multiple systems and deliver streaming services.
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…Flexibility
- Whether it's picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.Celebrating Success
- From everyday thank you cards, to our annual 'Raising the Roof' gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.Giving Back
- Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!Inclusivity
- We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.Site Perks
- Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.So….
If you've got a solid background in Infrastructure Engineering and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we're commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We're devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.We'd love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!..... click apply for full job details