The Premex Group, have an exciting opening for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer, to join our team, based in Bolton - offering remote working during the interim, with office visits for server updates and ongoing projects.
The role will involve - Changing fixing and implementing modifications and new products or devices to the corporate infrastructure, in line with business requirements.
You will also support the existing IT infrastructure, across, the Premex group.
- You will work with the Lead Infrastructure Engineer and other group managers to establish and deliver the Group infrastructure requirements based on standards, regulation and technology.
- To investigate and propose new technologies in line with operational needs and requirements.
- Technical Implementation
- Translate requirements and specifications into robust implementations, ensuring they are delivered to defined timescales.
- To complete the technical hands on implementation of monitoring and systems deployment.
- Documents configuration and changes to infrastructure systems.
- Identifying areas of concern and completing relevant investigation and remedial actions.
- To complete delivery of technical projects and implementation of new products.
- Service Delivery Management
- To act as an escalation point for the Service Desk 1st line team.
- Production and maintenance of configuration and procedure documentation.
- Monitor capacity and reliability of all systems and infrastructure components.
- Complete maintenance plans and schedules
- IT Compliance Management
- Implement and support infrastructure in line with information security controls such as:
- Have the ability to take ownership and apply a logical method to problem solving,
- Possess excellent communication skill, both verbal and written.
- Be able to work within a team and independently when needed, without close supervision.
Experience and skills required:
- VMware vSphere 6
- Network Administration including VLAN's and Routing protocols
- Windows Server OS 2012 R2 & 2016
- Active Directory administration
- Group Policy administration
- Network Core Services ( DNS, DHCP, WSUS)
- Firewall Administration - Cisco ASA & Fortinet
- SQL Server Administration
- Windows Clustering
Desirable and beneficial knowledge and experience in the below areas:
- VMware Horizon 7
- Cisco UCS
- Microsoft Azure
Discounts across hundreds of local retailers
Discounts for entertainment and various restaurants.
Discounted gym membership
Hours of work - between 8.30am - 5...... click apply for full job details