As an Infrastructure Engineer you play an important role in the design and development of our modern private cloud Oracle offering: Gaia Oracle Service (GOS) as well as our traditional offering called Database As A Service (DbaaS). You will bring your past experience to a talented group to further evolve the technical capabilities of our organization, drive improvements across our SDLC and unlock new capabilities for our clients. All roles in Platform Services are expected to continuously collaborate across all cloud product offerings.
We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
* Understanding of cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go
* Experience with developing frameworks that help increase developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large-scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with Agile and Lean philosophies
* Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Strong experience in at least one programming language, preferably Python
* Experience of Web UI frameworks such as REACT, Angular or Django
* Expertise in leveraging APIs, and security, authentication and data structures.
* Knowledge of Unix Shell, Perl scripting & SQL.
* Good understanding of development tools: source code control software, automated build, automated testing and JIRA etc
* Expertise in software design using SOLID or GRASP.
* Exposure to Micro service architecture, REST API design/development
* Experience with build automation, test driven development, continuous integration and delivery (CICD)
* Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server)
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you