Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
API Management product engineers enable the vision to drive frictionless development, delivery and consumption of APIs across the firm for the developer in support of JPMC global technology vision for operational excellence, modern engineering practices, enabling speed and accelerated development for the business. We build, operate and support multiple API management plants in the firm that enable the firm wide API Strategy, and cater to the needs of multiple lines of business.
As an Infrastructure Developer you will be required to deliver automated operations & maintenance in alignment with GTIs high performance and resiliency strategies for the API Management infrastructure with in a team construct. You will bring in strong systems engineering skills to execute on high performance design/architecture, execute to 99.999% availability SLOs promised to our customers, automate operations & testing to enable consistency, speed, avoid regressions, deliver communication/presentation to varied levels of audience - architects, developers, senior managers, in context of service reliability, stability, benchmarking, re-architecture, as well ensure zero downtime highly available service for our businesses with key responsibilities across build, operate and support functions in this role. You will collaborate closely with the product owners, customer enablement and engineering leads in this role. .
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Automation and maintenance of API Management infrastructure operations, deployments, and management functions
- Own and execute on activities related to performance and stability engineering & operational automation and support (level 3 and 4) for the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) API Management services
- Ability to define performance, resiliency, related design
- Effectively communicate with architecture and technology stakeholders teams to ensure adherence to application engineering guidelines, processes and procedures - with focus on performance, latency optimizations, and efficient re-architecture or modernization of systems
- Execute/Implement PoC's with internal customers of the service and provide information as well as be able to influence teams across the organizational boundaries.
- Good articulation, data visualization, and presentation skills to communicate performance results and SLOs, are a must have.
- Build and manage automated performance & capacity management operations for the infrastructure; and perform/participate in regular maintenance & resiliency activities
- Recommend, plan, coordinate, and implement regular software hygiene such as patching and upgrades for stability, availability, and reliability of the service
- Analyze telemetry, logs and call flows to provide recommendations and remediation for service or application issues proactively
- Support migration from traditional ESB architecture to more of API based architectures.
Minimum 7 years of overall professional experience in large high performance infrastructure and systems development roles; with 3 to 5 years of relevant operations automation, performance and capacity management experience
Strong understanding of API Management platform infrastructure products, WEB APIs and RESTful APIs as well as micro services architectures.
Troubleshoot and fix functional, performance, availability and reliability issues in infrastructure effectively to avoid repeat incidents.
Strong performance testing tool and framework experience (open source or commercial)
Strong understanding in design, develop, and configure APIs( Rest and Soap) and policies using API Gateways/Management products - Apigee, IBM API Connect, Kong, Mulesoft, Axway, Datapower et al.
Hands-on experience for REST and SOAP Web Services, JSON and XML is a plus
Experience on Linux based systems, with strong Scripting ability (Bash, Python), Good Knowledge on scheduling tools and understanding of infrastructure orchestration tools
Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and certificates. Should be familiar with using certificates for message signing and mutual TLS - and how to manage the security aspects around architecture to drive performance improvements and stability
Additional Skills that will be a plus:
Linux system administration skills
API Testing - unit, functional, performance, capacity, and latency analysis.
Performance testing frameworks and tools - Load runner, other
AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk or ELK implementation experience (identifying KPIs to track, building dashboards, trending of data to improve performance or reliability)
Agile development team experience
Docker/Kubernetes experience is a plus but not required (resourceful fast learners are welcome)
Understanding of networking concepts - Subnets, load balancing (local and global), and firewalls.
Altassian product suite - JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence
Knowledge on LDAP, ADFS, CA siteminder. Ping Federate, Axiomatics is a plus