At M&T Tech, we're a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We're not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: we're an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We're building an agile team of the most skilled and creative workers to solve complex problems, architect solutions, write high-performance software, and chart our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow's bank, today.
The Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Team delivers and supports all the foundational technology used across M&T Bank. Supports Two Data Centers, 1 Service Desk, 32,000 End User Computing devices, 14,000 Distributed platforms, 24 Mainframe Regions and process approximately 635,000 automated jobs per month. In addition to that foundational technology level, we also own and deliver End User & Collaboration tools with a focus on Ease of Use for the individual employee. We deliver innovative, and compelling technology solutions to enhance the internal customer experience that enables our business partners to deliver.
We are looking for an experienced Network Operations Manager with a proven track record of leading and developing the Network Operations Center function for an American bank holding company headquartered in Buffalo, New York. It operates 780 branches in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Connecticut.
This role is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make an immediate impact in the operational running of a dynamic team and develop its capability in line with the growth of the network and mainframe hosting business.
This is the overnight shift, 3 days a week, 7pm-7:30am.
- Manage and oversee execution of project plans for any scope; ensure adherence to all Department and Technology standards and procedures, including all documentation requirements
- Manage the team to ensure service quality, Network and mainframe efficiency
- Manage and lead improvements to Maintenance, Provisioning, Service Restoration and Data Center processes and capabilities
- Manage a team of 3-5 Analysts/Operators, some of whom are on shift to provide 24x7 cover
- Assign resources and monitor progress of all assignments; ensure completion of schedules
- Ensure that changes to the network and infrastructure are planned and executed in order to meet the agreed dates for service provision, and project builds are completed "right first time, on time"
- Providing 24/7 coverage, this role will be expected to be an escalation point for service issues, to make sure the correct technical teams are involved, during major out of hours emergencies
- Responsible for the team monitors and maintain the networks and platforms, delivering the highest possible levels service
- Responsible for short and long-term staffing planning
- Manage efficient operations and effectiveness of areas of responsibility. Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. Typically lead technical evaluations of vendor software
- Ensure assigned team demonstrates a strong understanding of the business environment and needs within the area of responsibility. Understand technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
- Responsible for the job growth and career development of assigned staff members by providing training plans, guidance and sharing knowledge
- Contribute to the development of a cost center budget
- Recommend and initiate new policies and procedures that improve performance and effectiveness of the Department
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 5 years' technology or systems analysis application development or technology leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us. Location
Amherst, New York, United States of America