* Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering, technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 3 years of experience project managing and delivering technical solutions.
* Experience in networking, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers), and architecting/developing/maintaining cloud solutions in virtualized environments.
* Experience in one of the following: Networking, DevOps, Security, Compute/Storage, Hadoop, Kubernetes, SRE.
* MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or an engineering field.
* Cloud certification.
* 7 years of experience demonstrating technical client service.
* Experience in one or more of the following: Software development, managing large-scale Windows/Linux environments, network design and deployment, database(s), storage systems. Experience with networking and system design of load balancers, firewalls, and VPN in architecting, developing and/or maintaining production-grade systems.
* Customer-facing migration experience, including service discovery, assessment, planning, execution, and operations.
* Demonstrated excellent communication, written, presentation and problem solving skills.
About the job
As an Infrastructure Cloud Consultant, you will work directly with some of Google's strategic customers on infrastructure projects that transform business. You will provide consulting, program management, and technical expertise on customer engagements, while working with customer executives and key technical leaders to deploy solutions on Google's Cloud Platform. In this role, you will work closely with key Google partners, to deliver joint consulting services, providing technical guidance and best infrastructure practices. You will travel approximately 30% of the time for customer engagements.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
* Work with customer technical leads, customer executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful implementations of cloud solutions, becoming a trusted advisor to decision-makers throughout the engagement.
* Work with internal specialists, product and engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies and published assets.
* Interact with sales, partners, and customer technical stakeholders to manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful customer outcomes.
* Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development based on your field experience.
* Propose solution architectures and manage the deployment of cloud based distributed virtualized infrastructure solutions according to complex customer requirements and implementation best practices.