Advantage Tech is looking for an Infrastructure Scripting Engineer for our Kansas City, MO Client.
Designs, develops, implements and supports IT automation solutions. Role provides technical leadership in analyzing system solutions independently or within a project team. Applies a broad knowledge of scripting, object oriented programming, and SQL programming skills while working on resilient data center orchestration and automation projects that will include robust logging, error handling, and automated unit testing. Must have a natural eagerness to learn new systems, languages, and APIs. Proven problem-solving skills and knowledge of development best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. SKILLS
· Uses scripting and object oriented languages to automate IT-centric tasks, processes, and workflows
· Design and implement software solutions that integrate heterogenous systems
· Sample projects include but are not limited to automated server builds using infrastructure as code; automated onboarding and offboarding routines; integration of change and deployment management using ServiceNow and DevOps; registration of physical devices and software licenses into asset management utility; fully automating windows patching and validation; dynamic allocation of Docker or Kubernetes containers.
· Build ServiceNow workflow designer solutions to facilitate end-to-end automation activated by a service request
· Consults with end-users to determine needs/opportunity and designs application development based solutions. Suggests alternative approaches to meet user requirements.
· Analyzes systems, processes, workflows, user requirements, and existing infrastructure on way toward delivering automated solutions; develops project scope and manages backlog.
· Develops and maintains technical design documentation, user guides, policies and procedures. Ensures training of individuals for newly developed applications.
· Communicates project progress and status to the Manager Infrastructure Operations or with other members in the IT Team.
· Performs extensive system discovery and unit testing to ensure deployment of quality solutions early in the software development lifecycle.Requires
· Requires six to nine years of experience in application development that includes proficiency with Microsoft Software (Visual Studio, .NET, PowerShell, SQL Server), MS Office Products and source management tool (TFS/DevOps) or three years' experience in a comparable development environment.
· Exposure to data center orchestration and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack and enterprise schedulers such as Control-M a plus
· Working knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server or Azure SQL Database including but not limited to designing tables, indexes, stored procedures, functions, views.
· Experience observing change management and code promotion through non-production environments.
· Experience interacting with APIs and in designing systems that use XML/XSLT and/or JSON
· Ability to develop orchestration routines and infrastructure as code using modern tools and adapt to new ones as they become available.
· Proven ability to work independently to coordinate and solve highly complex technical issues.
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers to clarify requirements.
· Strong technical grasp of subject area and ability to mentor others
· Requires effective communication and presentation skills, and ability to lead multi-disciplinary development teams.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal's #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech's customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities
#advantagetech - provided by Dice