DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit the website .
Candidate must be UK national and no duel nationality can be considered.
Role and Responsibilities
Infrastructure Architects design and implement information systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of an organization. They ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements. Infrastructure Architects generally lead and direct a team and report directly to top management.
To accomplish their core duty of designing and implementing complex computer systems, Infrastructure Architects are responsible for many tasks.
The Infrastructure Architect analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. They coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should. They also analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
Based on their knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems' needs, the Infrastructure Architect may recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
Infrastructure Architects leads the design and review processes for new systems. They develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new solution.
Infrastructure Architects must create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure Architect provides technical direction and support.
A strong leader and communicator, a successful Infrastructure Architect is good at solving problems and thinking creatively. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are seeking Infrastructure Architect candidates with the following skills.
- Project management experience
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Awareness of direction of travel for IT industry
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows.
- Knowledge of Cisco network and technologies, CCNA(P), CCIE, Linux and Unix...... click apply for full job details