This is a business who puts technology at the heart of everything they do, including sourcing consumer banking data and providing insights back to the people about how to use their data and money more effectively.
The IT team has a new role within the department to help improve the quality of service being delivered with the infrastructure and to begin the process of automating cloud provisioning and configuration management of the businesses systems using a variety of tools. The role will report directly to the Senior Technician and suit a candidate with a strong infrastructure support background but possess a mindset that scripting is best, most likely with demonstrable experience in PowerShell or Python.
Despite much of the day to day being core WinTel, this role will also have a dotted line to the businesses Chief Technological Innovations Officer and play a vital part in their strategy to mature staff facing production services using docker/ansible playbooks on local, CoLo and AWS systems. Experience in this space is a definite advantage, but an appetite to learn this technology is a given.
You'll be joining a team that is enjoying heavy investment into the infrastructure and who have a number of exciting projects coming up over the next 18 months.
The investment doesn't stop at infrastructure - the business have upgraded the offices to make employees feel as safe as possible by installing thermal cameras and creating a safe space to work. Your time will be split between remote and office based working.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong technical background of Microsoft technologies and network operations will be essential.
- Practical knowledge of Python, PowerShell or Ansible Playbooks.
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewall and VPN administration.
- Good knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Administering an Office365 or Exchange email system.
- Experience of managing SAN/NAS storage systems.
- High attention to detail and ability to create and maintain knowledge documents, procedures and diagrams.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- A proactive attitude to learning and developing own skills and knowledge.
- Good knowledge of security best practices, including PCI DSS and ISO270001.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Diagnose, investigate and resolve incidents and problems
- Assist in automating user management requests
- Effective ticket management and work logging
- Server maintenance, including patching and imaging
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of our networking systems
- Managing IT Assets, ensuring records are up to date
- Following policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines and workflows
- Provide effective communication using company tools
- Ensuring best practice security and hardening measures are in place
- Act as a 2/3rd line point of escalation, ensuring support document is created and knowledge is shared to the team
- Managing change and project work effectively, using good communication and working to deadlines
- Assist in the training and professional development of other technical support staff
First stage interviews to be conducted week commencing 27th July. Send your CV now to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process...... click apply for full job details